Raja Yoga is one of the branch of Bahiranga (External) Branches of Yoga
There is 3 branches of bahiranga yoga as follow;
- Hatha Yoga
- Raja Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
Now, Understand Raja Yoga
Raja Yoga is;
- the science of mind management
- helping to modifying mental behavior
- helping to managing mental modifications (chitta vrittis)
- the yogic science of mental discipline
- the yogic science of concentration
- the experience of connecting with the higher qualities of one’s nature (Soul to Pure Soul)
Eight fundamental stages of raja yoga
There are eight fundamental stages or limbs of raja yoga which form a comprehensive and progressive system for mind management.
The first five stages are the preparatory stages:
- Yama: social code
- Niyama: personal code
- Asana: steady sitting posture
- Pranayama: control and expansion of prana
- Pratyahara: sense withdrawal.
These preparatory stages aim at gradually quietening the externalized tendency of the senses, the pranas and the mind. They progressively prepare the body-mind complex for the last three internal, esoteric practices of yoga, which are:
- Dharana: concentration
- Dhyana: meditation
- Samadhi: superconsciousness.
The entire 8 stages of raja yoga will be offered in sequential training modules.
We yujon is providing traning for raja yoga.
The training begins with understanding the aim of raja yoga and the practices applied in the raja yoga system by Sage Patanjali.